This weekend I was able to finish printing my poster for the After Hours show! The prints look great and its all thanks to this monster press I was able to use. At first I tried printing these in my kitchen like I normally do. But the plate was so big that I couldn't apply enough even pressure to get a good print.
Fortunately I was able to rent some time at a local print studio called Slugfest. The owners, Tom and Margie, gave me a printmaking crash course and I learned to use a proof press. Nothing went the way I imagined, but it was an awesome experience. There were so many variables to figure out before I got a great print. I had to account for ink consistency, pressure, block elasticity, and even the humidity level in the room was a factor. It was a lot of trial and error since it was my first time. But now that I know what I am doing, the next one should be easy (and cheaper)!